Pages

Saturday 15 November 2014

Tricky Business: Benefit's They're Real! Push Up Liner

Hello! Last month Elle sent out their magazine with the cutest sample ever. A teeny tiny version of their They're Real! Push Up Liner which I have really wanted to try but I couldn't bring myself to try until I knew it was well worth the money. All I discovered is that it is very very tricky business.


By 'tricky business' I mean I couldn't function this. It took me about 10 minutes to have the initiative to read the box after trying to get the product to even appear. Then I thought 'yes! I know I can do this!' I had faith in the eyeliner. But once I placed this on my lash line I knew this was going to flop. The gel product is not as smooth and creamy as I would have liked and it kind of crumbles more than it goes onto your eye, resulting in a waste of product and a high risk of mess. The lines I created weren't awful and I'm sure with practice I could perfect it and I really liked that I could get super close to the lash line and keep it thin. However, it just wasn't working for me and I don't have the patients. I used all of the sample simply trying to create a precise line and while it isn't the products fault that I wasn't very skilled in using it, it's meant to make it easier but just creates a bit of mess and takes a while.


With the thin and alright-looking line that I managed to create I ventured on with my day and found that when I came to take it off it was virtually impossible - similar to the mascara. This is probably why they have created their own remover but for everyday I can't be bothered to spend 10 minutes just getting off my eyeliner.

I am glad I didn't dive straight in and buy the full size of this as I don't think we are destined for one another. Perhaps if you're a huge eyeliner fan and like something that really isn't going anywhere then you'll love this and with a bit of practice I image this would be super easy and it definitely does give you great precision. It's just not for me, sorry!

Let me know how you got on with this product!

4 comments:

  1. I got this sample as well and had a similar experience. Once I figured out how it works and swatched it on my hand I decided it was too complicated and didn't even try it on my eyes! Back to good old liquid or pencil for me! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm I thought I might as well give it a go but it definitely isn't worth the hype or money for me!

      Delete
  2. even after you told me how to use it i still struggled.. so glad i never bought the full sized one!

    love katy @ THE RAWRDROBE ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm a bit gimmicky and over complicated!

    ReplyDelete