Pages

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Nude Lip

Hello! I am not one to wear something on my lips every day except a little bit of Nuxe Reve de Miel or Carmex but I discovered something recently that I've put alongside an old product and I think I found a day-to-day winner.


This lip liner is my new favourite product. Rimmel's lip liners are incredibly well priced and this is my favourite colour in Eastend Snob. Not my favourite name, but I really am in love with the colour. It's the perfect my-lips-but-pinker-and-better shade and I just think slapping this all over my lips is the perfect quick and easy way to get some colour on my lips without going over the top or having to worry about reapplying. This colour was named a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury's lip liner in Pillow Talk by Amelia Liana.. Thank you Amelia, Thank you very very much.

It fades really evenly on the lips after about 3-5 and obviously a lot quicker when you're eating or drinking but I don't mind this with a nude, even if it is on the pink side, as it is barely noticeable and super easy to apply. It isn't drying on the lips but still gives a lasting matte look straightaway, part of the reason that it lasts a fairly long time. You can draw just round your lip line and use a lipstick on the rest of your lips or it looks amazing alone for a bit more of a pink tone to the lips (or both and do a Kylie Jenner-style lip!)


I found that my Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notthinghill Nude (and the old packaging) works really nicely over the top as normally this lipstick is almost unnoticeable on the lips due to it's complete match to my original lip colour. Over the lip liner it adds a slightly pinker tone and a glossier finish than the lip liner alone.

I do really think that I love the lip liner alone the most, but it does mean that I can now make a customized nude with the two products combined. At £3.99, the lip liners are amazing products from Boots or Superdrug and the Moisture Renew lip sticks are beautifully glossy and undrying when they are being worn and also fairly inexpensive. I'm going to be repurchasing these lip liners for a very long time to come!

Do you have a favourite 'drugstore' lip liner I should try?


No comments:

Post a Comment